Today I'm going to discuss a problem related to bar charts in Data interpretation. In almost every bank exam, one set is always asked from this section in Quantitative aptitude. I'm going discuss the problem with a same pattern which has already been asked in so many exams.
Steps to solve problems of Data Interpretation: Bar-Charts
- Study the chart first and have an idea about the values presented in the form of bar-charts.
- To make the problem simple get an idea about the range of values presented in bar-chart.
- If you want to save your time, read the question and just concentrate on bar-chart itself and do the calculations on it.
- X-Axis `to` Restaurants (P, Q, R, Sand T)
- Y-Axis `to` Amounts in kilograms (Lies between 400-900)
- Three bars `to` Rice, Wheat and Sugar
Let Rice consumed by restaurant R = A i.e. `500`
rice consumed by all restaurants together= B i.e. `800+ 600+ 500+ 800+ 700` = `3400`
So, A = `x`% of B
⇒ `x`= `A/B times 100`
⇒ `x`= `(500)/(3400) times 100`
⇒`x` = `14.7`%
4. Difference between the average amount of wheat and average amount of sugar consumed by all restaurants together.
Average amount of sugar by all restaurants = B =`(500+ 550+ 400+ 600+ 500)/5`
Difference = `A-B` = `700- 510`
You are free to ask anything. I will try to update more problems soon.
Problem related to Data interpretation: Tables.