Ratio and Proportion
- Some facts of Ratio and proportion
- Ratio is written as 2:3, where 2 and 3 are known as terms.
- First term i.e. 2 is known as Antecedent.
- Second term i.e. 3 is known as Consequent.
- `2^2`: `3^2` is known as duplicate ratio of 2:3.
- `2^3`:`3^3` is known as triplicate ratio of 2:3.
- `sqrt2`: `sqrt3` is sub-duplicate ratio of 2:3.
- `a^(1/3)` : `b^(1/3)` is sub-triplicate ratio of 2:3.
Ratio and Proportion Trick
Let us do an example of 5 terms:Example: If A: B = 3: 4, B: C = 4: 5, C: D = 1: 2 and D: E = 3: 4, Find A: B: C: D: E.
Solution: Similarly, in this case, make the same pattern as in above cases:
Take a pen and try to make it yourself first or do it step by step by looking the solution. then only you can learn this technique.
So, this is how we solve these types of questions quickly.
I will update one more session of this chapter regarding proportions.