1. Finance Minister P Chidambaram will present the interim budget for 2014-15 in Parliament. Along with the budget, he will present a vote-on-account to seek Parliament's sanction for spending till July.
2.The full Budget for 2014-15 will be presented by the new government in June-July.
3. According to finance minister, They will not propose amendments to the Income Tax Act, Customs Act or the Excise Act. But any proposal short of amending a law can be made.
4. Also, an interim budget for the financial year 2014-15 will be presented in the Lok Sabha Feb 17.
5. The main budget for the fiscal will be presented by the new government that will come into power after the general election due by May.
6. Chidambaram said the interim budget speech will be short between 12 to 18 pages. "In 2004, Mr. Jaswant Singh made a 12-page speech. In 2009, Mr. Mukherjee made an 18-page speech. So I have two numbers to choose from between 12 to 18," he said.